Working on roofs training
Who should take this working on roofs course?
For people who actually carry out roof work or are directly
responsible for managing or supervising it.
Aim of course
To provide fall protection whilst working in various pitched rooftop locations. Also provides knowledge of potential hazards associated with rooftop access and working at height.
Duration of course
The duration of this hands-on training course is one day and takes place from 10:00 till 17:00.
Our tailored training packages provide both theoretical and practical training and can be conducted:
- on site
- at your location
- at our learning center in Maarssen (The Netherlands).
On successful completion of the course you will receive a quality assured certificate (credit card size). This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
COURSE OBJECTIVES WORKING ON ROOFS
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- How to select the correct PPE and how to carry our pre-use checks, fit, adjust and wear it correctly
- How to safely use various fall protection systems (fall arrest and work positioning/restraint) commonly used on rooftops
- Safe ladder assent and decent
- Explain the legislation behind working at height regulations and other relevant legislation
- How to perform risk assessments, hazards and control measures